Ten Things I Learned12:08 PM
While reading the Bible in six months I learned a lot. Today, I would like to share with you ten of the things that I learned.
1. There are so many parallels in the Bible to my life. While reading the story of the children of Israel, I felt like I was reading part of my own story.
2. Our God is so loving, even in the Old Testament.
3. Reading through the Bible like this made me see that sometimes, the way many teachers have interpreted a passage of scripture, can be wrong or misleading, or there are other ways to look at it.
4. God has so much compassion for his children.
5. Reading the Bible through this quickly has helped me see the bigger picture.
6. I wouldn’t have wanted to have been a prophet. Their jobs were hard and often times weird.
7. There are so many good stories in the Bible, many of them hidden beneath other stories.
8. God has a sense of humor.
9. You don’t have to be perfect to do great things for God. In fact, the people God most often used were uneducated, lowly, smelly, bottom rung, sinful people that had a heart for him.
10. To understand any verse, story or chapter, you have to read in context.